Thursday, January 7, 2010

How to organize Recipes?

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can organize my recipes. I have a whole bunch of recipes cut out from magazines and I don't know how to organize themHow to organize Recipes?
I too have so many recipes that I have collected over the years! What I have been doing (and am still in the process of doing) is typing them (the ones that are old and I can not find online) the other recipes (like the ones from my Gourmet %26amp; Cooking Light subscription I download and print. I put them in the clear plastic sleeves (protects from cooking juices) and into a 3 ring binder. I also arrange them by section with section dividers. The 3 ring binder is easy because I just pop the recipe I want out. It's a bit of work but it is more organized.How to organize Recipes?
Get a 3 ring photo binder, or even just a 3 rings binder, and some of those tabs for labeling the division pages. Organize like a cookbook. Appetizers, soups, chicken, pasta, salads, etc. Then tape the recipes in there. The nice part is if you tape one or two to a page, you can write your notes in there too.
I bought some accordion file folders and store them in there. Every few months, I cull out the ones I'm positive will never be made and give them away on FreeCycle. It's difficult because I'm always taking in more than I'm giving away. The ones that passed our culinary needs (and will be made more than twice) get transcribed into a blank cookbook I bought.





ps some cooks store their recipes in photo albums or baseball-card binders.
I write all of my recipes on index cards and put them in a recipe box that I got at a dollar store. It is a lot of work having to write everything but it just looks more organized.
  • tabbed browser
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment